There is a fast food restaurant called BIMBIS in Ernakulam. During my college days after our elaborated shopping in all the textile shops in M.G road me, my sister and my mother would dash towards this restaurant to have our favorites!
When we reached there I always got confused whether I want a masala dosa or paper roast or channa masala and battura! So I would ask my sister
‘What you are going to eat today?’ If she says masala dosa then I would tell ‘ok…. you buy a masala dosa; mom…you a paper roast and me battura and channa masala…okay… we can share…right?’
Reluctantly they would say, “ Okay… kothichi!!!… (meaning greedy girl)
Yes I chanced this north Indian delicacy at BIMBIS and it defeated my taste buds forever!
- Chickpeas (cooked) – 2cup
- Tomatoes (diced)- 1 nos
- Onion (chopped) – 2 nos
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – 2tsp
- Cumin (Jeera) seeds – ¼ tsp
- Salt – as required
- Coriander leaves (chopped) – a few
- Oil – 4tbsp
- Partially mash half the amount of chickpeas and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in the pan and splutter cumin seeds.
- Add onion and fry until they are light brown in color.
- Add diced tomato and the spices.
- Stir continuously and fry them till oil starts to separate from the mixture.
- Add 1 cup of water and chickpeas.
- Bring to boil and simmer till gravy thickness.
- Remove from fire and garnish with chopper coriander leaves.