I would say olan is the beauty on a sadhya leaf. A fair looking beauty with lots of black beauty spots! A dish that conquer your mind not by its taste but by the look!
- Black-eyed beans – ¼ cup
- White gourd (cut into cubes) - 2 cups
- Green chillies(slit the edge) - 4 nos
- Thick coconut milk (1st extract) – ½ cup
- Thin coconut milk (2nd extract) - 1½ cup
- Curry leaves - A few
- Coconut oil - 1 tsp
- Salt - As required
- Cook black-eyed beans by adding enough salt and water and keep aside.
- Cook white gourd, green chillies and salt along with second extract of coconut milk.
- When they are done add black-eyed beans and mix well.
- Add thick coconut milk and bring to boil.
- Remove from fire and add coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well.