Mixing meet or prawn with vegetable is the Cochin way of cooking. Cooking vegetables in the juice of meet will enhance its flavor. Peechinga (sinqua) is a common juicy vegetable available in Kerala. And prawns are available in Cochin all year long. So cooking both combined is a cleaver way to get the taste of both with the effort of making one!
- Peechinga (cut into small cubes) – 2 nos
- Prawns (peeled and chopped) – 150 gm
- Garlic (crushed) – 2 pods
- Button onion (crushed) – 3 pods
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Combine peechinga, prawn and salt in a pot.
- Cook in medium high till water comes out of peechinga.
- Cover the pot with a lid and cook in low flame till done.
- Heat oil in a pan and add crushed garlic, button onion and curry leaves.
- Add chilly and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Stir continuously and fry in high flame till all are well fried and oil starts to separate.
- Add cooked prawn and peechinda and mix well.
- Remove from flame and serve hot with rice.