“My colleague brought bread upma today and it was very delicious…”when my sister said like that I felt strange but interesting! That weekend she prepared it and was really fantastic!
Yeah… if you are tired of your regular bread toast or want to consume some left over try this spicy version. It will definitely please you.
- Bread (cut into small cubes) – 6 nos
- Potato (boiled and mashed) – 1 no
- Onion (finely chopped) – 1 no
- Tomato (chopped) – ½ no
- Chilly powder – ½ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam masala powder – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – a pinch
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Salt – as required
- Heat a fry pan and toast the bread cubes and keep aside.
- Heat oil in the fry pan and splutter mustard and cumin seeds.
- Add onion and curry leaves and fry till onion is brown in color.
- Add all the powders and fry till the raw smell goes.
- Add tomato and fry till they are cooked.
- Add the mashed potato and bread cubes and mix well.
- Remove from fire and enjoy hot with a cup of tea!