Another delicacy from Cochin, where people like to induce the flavor of meat or seafood into veggies!
The natural sweetness of prawn really blends with the spinach so it’s a great way to uplift the taste of a regular thoran!
- Spinach (finely chopped) – 2 bunch
- Prawns– 250 gm
- Freshly grated coconut – 1 ½ cup
- Garlic (crushed) – 3 pods
- Button onion/ shallot (crushed) – 2 pods
- Chilly powder – 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – as required
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Remove the shell of prawn and roughly chop them.
- Coarse grind grated coconut, garlic, shallot, turmeric powder and chilly powder.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped prawns and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the ground mixture, curry leaves, salt and spinach and mix well.
- Cook in medium heat till spinach is done and curry is dry.