One day it was very rush at the supermarket counter. So I took one recipe magazine from the rack near the counter and just turned its pages. I went through several beautiful pictures of foods unfamiliar to me.
Among that an image of a cake, which had an ice cream topping, garnished with nuts and dry fruits impressed me. I perused its recipe and decided to try it immediately.
I just wanted to try it out but hesitate to make because I was afraid three quarters of what I make would go into my inside and boost calories!
That week two of our friends were going to India on vacation. So we invited them for a see-off dinner. And I planned to make the cake I saw in the magazine for dessert.
When the dessert was served, I saw that my friends relished it; and asked me what it is?
Hmm…I’ve to find a name for it! I said “its ice cream cake!!!”
They all enjoyed it very much and so do I !
- Sponge cake (8" round) – 1 no (I used a store bought one)
- Ice cream – 1 ½ liter (softened slightly)
- Glazed cherries (chopped) – 150 g
- Roasted unsalted cashews (chopped) – ½ cup
- Cut the cake horizontally into two equal parts.
- Place one half in a freezer proof cake plate.
- Using a knife place one third of the ice cream over top of the plated layer.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped nuts and fruits on the top evenly.
- Place the remaining cake half on top of the ice cream.
- Put the cake in the freezer to harden for 1 hour.
- Frost the remaining ice cream on the top and sides of the cake.
- Sprinkle the remaining nuts and fruits on top.
- Freeze for at least two hours and cut into desired shapes before serving.